From Colorado House GOP:
DENVER—The House of Representatives sent a measure sponsored by state Rep. Mark Waller, that protects the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens without compromising the safety of Coloradans. The measure passed 37-28, with five Democrats joining House Republicans in support of the measure.
“I would like to thank the House Democrats who stood with us to remove these redundant background checks,” said Waller, R-Colorado Springs.
House Bill 1048 removes a duplicative background check on Coloradans seeking to purchase a firearm. Currently, Coloradans seeking to purchase a gun must submit to a background check by both the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
“This bipartisan bill protects Colorado’s law abiding citizens, including sportsmen, while ensuring protections are in place to prohibit criminals from obtaining a firearm,” Waller added.
The measure now moves to the state Senate for further consideration, where it is sponsored by Democrat Sen. Lois Tochtrop of Thornton.
- Colorado Dems Kill House Bill 1069, Hitting Small Business Owners
- Jon Becker’s Sportsman’s Bill, HB 1330 heads to CO House Today.
- NOTICE! Colorado Constitutional Carry Bill HB1205 Passes Committee.
- Colorado: House Judiciary Committee to Consider Two NRA-Backed Bills
- Colorado: Crucial House Hearing on Thursday for Two NRA-Backed Bills!