I spent this weekend in eastern North Carolina and you know I had to spend some time in Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge photographing bears. It was a spectacular weekend with lots of bear activity and I got a few good shots. Photographing bears can be a challenge so they don’t just look like a black blob. The issue seems to be even more compounded with the bears walking down almost white gravel roads but it seems many of my shots were better then the past I guess it is just a learning curve.
We saw over 40 bears in the few days I was in there and while the concentrations of sightings was around sunrise and sunset we saw a number of them in the midday.
Pocosin Lakes NWR is a beautiful place with a wide variety of things to see and do so you need to put it on your list of places to visit. If you go this time a year I would recommend you bring some insect repellent because the biting flies are relentless.
- Photographing Bears at Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
- Wind farm Proposed to Be Built Next To Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
- House Tells Navy No OLF at Pocosin National Wildlife Refuge
- Congressional Bill to Lock Navy Out of Pocosin National Wildlife Refuge is Being Written
- Birds of Prey At Lake Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge