Rather Outdoors Seeks Field Videographer/Producer
POSITION : Field Videographer / Producer (full-time)
We are looking for a visionary storyteller that can capture top-tier content that can be turned into a compelling and relevant story that will connect with the target audience. We require that person that is self-motivated, willing to take on challenges head-on and is able to adapt as needed to find solutions on the spot to ensure a project is executed at the highest level.
The Field Videographer/Producer will be responsible for filming and editing material for television and promotional media as a member of Video Production department. Candidates for this position are required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to accommodate evening and weekend shifts and travel to on-site locations as needed for filming.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Director of Video Production to guide concepting, production, shooting and editing of video content
• Work side by side with Director of Video Production to coordinate and manage workflow through the department, track projects, manage deliverables and adhere to schedules and deadlines
• Deliver film content and create videos in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Conceptualize a vision and be able to employ the necessary communication skills and vocabulary to confidently present that to internal and external teams—from concept and storytelling to lighting and editing styles
• Proactively focus on key pro/angler relationships and maintain an easy to work with and flexible demeanor
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team required
• Must be available to work a non-standard schedule in order to fulfill assigned duties and responsibilities
• Ensure all content is consistent with brand strategy and guidelines
• Keep up to date with the most cutting-edge storytelling techniques and approaches while understanding the latest technologies and equipment to enable us to bring them to life in the most efficient manner
• Exhibit excellent time management and communication skills
• Assist in post-production and editing of various projects as needed
• Oversees the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing
• Pre-production skills should include creative concepting, simple storyboarding, scripting and asset organization
• Post-production skills should include discerning compelling content, identifying music tracks, file delivery and file management
• Knowledge of field production techniques and standards
• Must be proficient with common film editing applications (e.g. Adobe Premiere; Adobe After Effects; Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in Film/TV, Fine Arts or related area AND three years experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, Three to five years experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Must provide online portfolio and/or access to digital samples of finished prior work for consideration
You’ll be rewarded with highly competitive pay, comprehensive medical benefits, paid holidays, vacation (PTO) & available 401k.
This position will be located in Columbia, SC.
If this sounds like a position you’d enjoy and excel in, please submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to [email protected]