FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Greg Lein
Forever Wild Board Meets February 7 in Montgomery
The Board of Trustees of the Alabama Forever Wild Land Trust will hold its first quarterly meeting on February 7, 2008, at the State Capitol Auditorium in Montgomery. The meeting will begin promptly at 10 a.m.
At this meeting, the Forever Wild Program activities and tract assessments will be updated. This meeting will also serve as a public hearing for anyone who would like to make comments concerning this program.
The public is invited to attend this meeting and is urged to submit comments and nominations of tracts of land for possible Forever Wild Program purchase. Written nominations may be made by letter addressed to the State Lands Division, Room 464, 64 N. Union St., Montgomery, AL 36130.
Quarterly meetings of the Forever Wild Board are held to maximize public input into the program. Only through active public participation can the best places in Alabama be identified and protected in order to remain forever wild.
The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources promotes wise stewardship, management and enjoyment of Alabama’s natural resources through five divisions: Marine Police, Marine Resources, State Lands, State Parks, and Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. To learn more about ADCNR, visit www.outdooralabama.com.
Rebecca Leigh White
ADCNR-Information & Education
Capitol Complex – Folsom Building
64 N. Union St., Montgomery, AL 36130
- Charity Navigator Awards Pheasants Forever Highest Rating for Fourth Consecutive Year
- Pheasants Forever in National Geographic Magazine- Just in time for hunting season, the November issue of National Geographic magazine contains the feature "Hunters: Conserving the Land."
- Pheasants Forever Applauds USDA Conservation Reserve Program Wildlife Practice Announcement
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Leads Fall Wild Turkey Gun Harvest
- Alabama Applications for Fish Pond Stocking Available